Ernest Owusu is a Sales Leader at 6Sense which is a SaaS company focused on ABM. And he is a former NFL player turned Sales Leader who leads a 20+ person SDR team. This interview is about what Ernest learned in the NFL and what best insights he brings to leading his SDR / Sales Development teams which are focus on generating meetings focusing on accounts that lead to $100k+ deals.
In this episode:
- How having stars doesn't guarantee winning and what you really need
- How sales is easy compared to the cut-throat job of NFL - NFL players get fired for making 1 mistake or for being late to a meeting
- His thoughts on why Latane Conant is the best CMO in SaaS
- What is "Leadership" (beyond coaching) for you?
- Using 3Cs to lead the team(Career, Culture, Compensation) vs. the 3Ds in the NFL
- How to reinforce Culture via the "FAMILY" values (Fun, Accountability, Mindfulness, Integrity, Love, Yes)
- Who was Ernest's favorite NFL coach and why (what made them a good coach)
- What makes a good Team (good team building activities from NFL to Sales)
- About effective recruiting and equipping yourself to spot intangibles (like Bill Belichick)
- How Ernest coaches his team and what applies from NFL coaching to his Sales team coaching?
- On ABM & Intent - how to use and fuel pipeline and sales growth