Currently the VP of Inside Sales at PatientPop, Kevin has had an extensive sales career. He's been listed as an InsideSales Top 10 Sales Leader and Sales Development Exec of the Year, and his REVstar nomination called him "a true leader who can combine the vision it takes to plan ahead down to the day-to-day with the sales reps he's helping."
In this Episode:
- How do you use Analytics and tie it to humans (re data & Human element)?
- How do you drive behavior change?
- How KD scales sales faster - if the board asked to figure out a way to grow much faster in 2021, how he would approach it.
- Thoughts on Behaviors vs Processes vs Skills vs Metrics
- About managing Process vs developing People and skills
- Leadership style of Demanding vs. Commanding
- About "slowing down to speed up" and rebuilding and resetting to go faster
- What are the biggest mistakes KD made in his career (one relating to how to communicate to the Board of Directors about "risks")- Board Talk - on the balance of Risks vs. Upside when communicating messages to the Board
- What KD does when he is behind the goals in any Qtr (and the How vs. What vs. Why of either missing or hitting your numbers)
- The key reason why, when the quota is missed, KD is still perfectly OK
- And what is the reason that, when the team hits quota, KD is unhappy
- About the concept of "Defend when Defendable"
- What is "POE" and why it is the most important thing in sales
- On Specialization vs. the prospecting AEs and the insight of AE1 vs AE2
- Asking the question "Is it working?" first and foremost
- About developing a training Bootcamp for new AEs promoted from SDRs
- KD's insights on "earning promotion, not earning the role"